Teacher grants

Upcoming grant deadlines
October
10/31 Whole Kids Foundation School Garden Grant

November
11/1 Education Minnesota: Education Support Professionals -- Professional Development Grant
11/1 Education Minnesota: National Board Certified Teachers Scholarship
11/6 National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM): multiple grants
11/12 Give to the Max Day: online fundraising
11/18 Air Force Association: Aerospace Education
11/30 National Science Teachers Association (NSTA): multiple awards

Later
1/12/16 CenturyLink Teachers and Technology Grant
1/28/16 Fund for Teachers: Professional Development and Travel Grant

Money available for teacher PD with Fund for Teachers, apply by Jan. 28
Fund for Teachers (FFT) provides educators with resources to pursue self-designed, professional learning experiences. FFT grants can be used for an unlimited variety of projects, all designed to create enhanced learning environments for teachers, their students and their school communities.

Applicants must:

  • Be employed full-time as a PreK-12 teacher and spend at least 50 percent of their work week in direct instruction with students in a classroom or classroom-like setting;
  • Intend to continue teaching in the consecutive school year; and
  • Have at least three years teaching experience as a teacher for grades PreK-12.

Individuals can apply for up to $5,000 and teams can apply for up to $10,000 (team members can be from different schools, districts or states; however, all members must meet the eligibility criteria). Upon award, fellows will receive 90 percent of their grant, the remaining 10 percent will be reimbursed after completing the post-fellowship requirements.

Grants Facebook group offers advice, grant opportunities
Join the “SPPS Grants” Facebook page for up-to-the-minute advice, deadlines, answers to questions and cat videos. Although Facebook isn’t accessible from district computers, many SPPS teachers find a way to use Facebook. Join the group and stay connected.

Teachers: Apply for scholarships from Saint Paul Retired Teachers, Inc.
Saint Paul Retired Teachers, Inc. (SPRTI) is offering 10 scholarships, worth $3,000 each, for the 2015-16 school year. The award is available for licensed, tenured staff enrolled in a graduate program this school year. To access the application, visit staff.spps.org/scholarships.

The application deadline is Jan. 29. Email applications to Deirdre Hagstrom at rdlkhagstr@msn.com. Scholarship winners will be notified in March.